Posted on Jan 12, 2012 in Armchair Reading
March 2012 – Guderian’s First Blitzkrieg
By Armchair General
Click here to see the
Each issue contains
Insight into Current Events
Discuss this issue
Leave Feedback in the Comments box at the bottom of this page. All comments are read by the editor and publisher.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Cover Feature:Guderian’s First Blitzkreig: How would you have handled the situation Heinz Guderian faced in Poland in 1939?
- Special Feature: Learning from History’s Turning Points: History’s lessons on global strategic realignment
- Feature: Killing Hitler’s Hangman: The assassination of Reinhard Heydrich brought brutal retaliation onto Prague ONLINE EXTRA: A photo essay of Prague’s military heritage sites includes several images related to events in this article
- 10 Questions: Lieutenant General John D. Johnson, America’s top Army leader in Korea, commander of U.S. 8th Army
- Battle Studies: How the South Could Have Won the Civil War, by Bevin Alexander
- Great Warriors – British "Tommies," 1914–18
- Crisis Watch by Ralph Peters – 10 commandments for military doctrine writers
- Dispatches – real heroes, destinations, special events and more
- Must-Read/Must-See Books and DVDs
- Game Reviews
- Test your decision-making skills by choosing the best course of action for a counterterrorist drone strike in Yemen; Saladin vs. Crusaders, 1187; and Heinz Guderian in Poland, 1939.
- Play It! Play the history you read; ACG‘s list of recommended wargames for all eras
- Command Decision # 49: Saladin vs. Crusaders, 1187
- Command Decision # 47: Clarke at the Battle of Nancy, 1944 – Outcome and Analysis
- ONLINE EXTRA: Journey to Obsolescence: The Army Air Corps Lighter-Than-Air Branch, Part 2
- ONLINE EXTRA: FREE PC GAME! Download March to Baghdad, Episode 1: Decision at Tallil Air Base
COMING IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF ARMCHAIR GENERAL
- Special Feature: Inside the al-Qaeda terrorist group
- Bonus Article: Holland’s "Hunger Winter," 1944 – 45
- Battle Studies: Patton Invades Morocco, 1942
- Battlefield Leader: William Wallace, Scotland’s Braveheart
- Interactive command articles in which YOU make the decisions! U.S. tankers at Pusan, Korea, 1950; 82nd Airborne in Sicily, 1943; Israel’s Battle of the Sinai, 1973
Don’t miss out! Subscribe now to Armchair General, the interactive military history magazine.
See what’s coming and check past issues of Armchair General magazine.
See past issues of Armchair General
How about something outside of the 20th or 21st Century this time?
This new trend is getting old. Let’s rename the site, “Modern Warfare General”.