Posted on Sep 11, 2012 in Armchair Reading
November 2012 – Manstein’s Stalingrad Rescue
By Armchair General
Click here to see the
Each issue contains
Insight into Current Events
Discuss this issue
Leave Feedback in the Comments box at the bottom of this page. All comments are read by the editor and publisher.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Battlefield Leaders: Ernie Harmon’s Battle of the Bulge
- Special Feature: Eisenhower, Berlin … and the Pacific – new research on Ike’s most controversial decision
- Battle Studies: Sieges and Slaughter, from Jericho to Fallujah; by Ralph Peters
- Battlefield Detective: "The Case of the Small Lead Ball" that redefined medieval warfare history
- ONLINE EXTRA: The Guns of the Battle of Bosworth, 1485. Archaeologist Douglas D. Scott expands on "The Case of the Small Lead Ball" and how discoveries at Bosworth battlefield are redefining historians’ knowledge of medieval warfare
- Crisis Watch by Ralph Peters – Blame the Troops! Politically correct generals let down those in uniform
- Dispatches – real heroes, destinations, special events and more
- Must-Read/Must-See Books and DVDs
- Game Reviews
- Test your decision-making skills by choosing the best course of action for U.S. Tank Attack at Chipyong-Ni, 1951; British vs. Japanese at the Battle of Kohima, 1944; and Manstein at Stalingrad, 1942.
- Play It! Play the history you read; ACG‘s list of recommended wargames for all eras
- Combat Decision # 53: Battle of Kohima, 1944
- Combat Decision # 51: Battle of St. Mihiel, 1918 – Outcome and Analysis
- ONLINE EXTRA: Hitler’s Foreign Armies on World War II’s Eastern Front. Historian Richard N. Armstrong presents an insightful overview of the various foreign armies supporting Germany and how they influenced Eastern Front combat operations during World War II.
- ONLINE EXTRA: FREE PC GAME! Download March to Baghdad, Episode 1: Decision at Tallil Air Base
COMING IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF ARMCHAIR GENERAL
- Special Feature: 1943: World War II’s Forgotten year of Victory. When the tide turned in the Allies’ favor
- Great Warriors: Greek Hoplites 600–300 B.C.
- Battle Studies: Ploesti Raid, 1943
- Hard Choices: MacArthur’s Philippine Defense, 1941–42
- Battlefield Leader: America’s Most Daring Frigate Captains.
- Interactive command articles in which YOU make the decisions! Marines Defend Wake Island, 1941; Confederate guerrillas vs. Union Soldiers at the Battle of Fort Blair, 1863; and Marshal Konev’s East Front Offensive, 1944
Don’t miss out! Subscribe now to Armchair General, the interactive military history magazine.
See what’s coming and check past issues of Armchair General magazine.
See past issues of Armchair General