By Rick Martin (Konstantin Krivenko passed away in July of 2014. This is an interview conducted in 2012.) Rick Martin: First of all, I am a fan of World War II games and a huge fan of Samurai movies and literature, so let me say thank you for designing these fascinating games. Please tell us about Zvezda. American gamers may not be too familiar with this company. Konstantin Krivenko: The history of our company started more than 20 years ago with plastic models, and “Zvezda” is now a leading manufacturer of plastic model kits and at the same time one of the largest board game publishers in Russia. Our products are represented by official distributors in more than 50 countries. Today our product range contains more than 350 items, including over 80 board games. We have achieved world-wide success and recognition in the hobby segment of the business. RM: Tell us a little about your background as a game designer. KK: My job is completely different. I’m a founder, co-owner,...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Zvezda"
AROUND THE WEB
- ‘What stays with you latest and deepest?’: PBS Series Examines the Civil War Through Poetry
- Gangsters of Capitalism Review: Was Smedley Butler the Embodiment of American Imperialism?
- In Vietnam, Americans Pioneered New Type of Counterinsurgency
- “Bombs Away” LeMay: America’s Unapologetic Champion of Waging Total War
- How the Landlocked State of Nebraska Got its Own Navy