By Ray Garbee 1917/1918: Storm in the West. Publisher: GMT Games. Designer: Ted Raicer. Developers: Ty Bomba and Chris Perello. Price $49.00 Passed inspection: An excellent update to a proven design. Good coverage of a pivotal year in the war. Excellent expansion covering the ‘what if’s’ surrounding the strategic decisions on both sides. Failed basic: A solid design that’s had all the kinks ironed out over the years, there’s nothing to not like about this game! GMT’s recent release 1918/1919: Storm in the West dropped onto the game table in December. This is a game with a storied past, dating back to its initial release in 1992 with Command Magazine. 1918/1919: Storm in the West was Ted Raicer’s first game design and it was an immediate success, earning a Charles S. Roberts Award nomination. Its popularity inspired the design of a Plan 1919 variant which assumed a German defensive strategy in 1918 with an all-out Allied assault to win the war the following year. GMT’s release presents this classic magazine...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Ted Raicer"
AROUND THE WEB
- The Last Salem ‘Witch’ Is Pardoned After 329 Years — Thanks to These Kids
- ‘The Erawan War’ Book Review: Pitting CIA-Backed Fighters Against NVA in Laos
- David McCullough Dies: Remembering the Pulitzer Prize-Winning Historian
- The Foreign Legion in Photos
- BTR-82A: A Wheeled Armored Troop Carrier — and Frequent Target — in Ukraine