Glory Recalled: Hong Kong 1941. Publisher: Homeland Workshop (US Distributor, Quarterdeck International). Game Designer: David Cheng. Price $70.00. Passed inspection: A fast playing game of a rarely covered chapter from the Pacific War. Failed basic: Color choices on cards may be an issue for those with red/green color blindness. A player aid chart detailing the turn sequence would be a welcome addition. Good day and welcome to my review. First up, I’ll admit that I have a weak spot for games covering the Pacific theater in World War Two. This goes back to playing the snot out of classic Avalon Hill games like ‘Victory in the Pacific’ and ‘Midway’. This carried over across the years into tabletop miniatures that led me to doing a lot of reading on the battles fought across the Pacific from the Aleutians to New Guinea and from the jungles of Burma to the forests of Oregon and Washington state. So, I may be pre-disposed to enjoy this game more than the typical casual...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Quarterdeck International"
AROUND THE WEB
- Putting for Pride: Three 100-Year-Old Marines Celebrate their Birthdays with a Fierce Round of Golf
- Touring France’s Limousin Region, Where Maquis Fighters Once Battled the Wehrmacht
- When Push Came to Shove at Chipyong-ni
- Walking Point with the Redcatchers
- Memorial Day Veterans Ride Gets New Staging Area After Pentagon Rejection