Cyberspace in Peace and War. Author: Martin C. Libicki. Publisher: Naval Institute Press. 512 pages. Price $ 60.00 The headlines are dominated with the risk of cyberattacks against corporate and national entities. Is there a cyberwar looming over the horizon? Are you ready for cyberwar? How do you respond to a cyberattack? But hold on a moment – what exactly *is* a cyberattack? It clearly involves computers – but what is it and how does it fit into broader tactical and strategic operations? Would you like to know more? You can turn to Martin C. Libicki’s recent book Cyberspace in Peace and War (2021, Naval Institute Press). Dr. Libicki’s tackles the subject of cyberwar with an eye towards educating the reader as to the various types of cyber activities and how they fit into modern concept of conflict. It’s a well-organized book that starts with a brief history of cyber-attacks. You get a good summation of the broad types of attacks along with numerous real-world examples that might jog...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "cyberattack"
AROUND THE WEB
- The Lee-Enfield Put a SMLE on Tommies’ Faces and Fear in the Germans Hearts
- Do You Have What it Takes to Follow in These Telemark Commandos’ Ski Tracks?
- At 108-Years-Old, One of the First Montford Point Marines Honored For His WWII Service
- Eisenhower Loved Him. The Press Likened Him to Patton. So Why Don’t We Know More About ‘Iron Mike’?
- How W.Britain Has Been Making Model Soldiers—For 130 Years