The St. Louis Freedom Suits Legal Encoding Project makes available to the public a treasure trove of information for genealogists, historians and others concerning the "Freedom Bonds" issued to Missouri slaves.Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "black history"
AROUND THE WEB
- Could the Bermuda Hundred Campaign Have Ended the Civil War Earlier?
- Why We Love Pirates: Arrrr Obsession With the Rogues of the Sea
- What Was South Pacific’s Legacy on Race?
- When Hawaii’s Mauna Loa Erupted in 1935, the US Army Tried to Stop It With Bombs
- A Toxic Mix of Anti-War and Anti-Abolitionist Sentiment Led to the North’s First Riots