Clash of Capital Ships: From the Yorkshire Raid to Jutland Author: Eric Dorn Brose. Publisher: Naval Institute Press. Â Price $ 49.95 Thereâ€™s been a lot of ink spilled on Battle of Jutland, so much so that it is reminiscent of the Battle of Gettysburg, and rightly so. While a common perception of Jutland is that it revealed defects with the British battlecruisers, itâ€™s best known as a decisive moment where the Royal Navy could have lost the war in a single afternoon. Eric Dorn Brose wades into this clash of historical narrative with his book Clash of the Capital Ships: From the Yorkshire Raid to Jutland published in 2021 by Naval Institute Press. Cover of Clash of the Capital Ships Dr. Brose has crafted a narrative that synthesizes the work of prior historians into an engaging and informative narrative of the battle. Dr. Brose charts a course through British and German naval strategy from the beginning of the war through the Battle of Jutland. The story explores how the...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Battle of Jutland"
AROUND THE WEB
- The Balloons Pilots Who Went Boldly Where Only Animals Had Gone Before
- Did the Nazis treat German or Austrian Jews who were veterans of the First World War any better than other Jews?
- Leap Back on the Political Merry-Go-Round
- This North Carolina Factory Town Kept Busy Supplying Boots to the Confederate Army
- A Closer Look at the U.S. Navy’s ‘Mighty Midget’