PR: New Features And Map Editor For Commander – Europe at War
Slitherine announced today that a v1.04 patch for Commander Europe at War is now available. The game, which has earned critical acclaim from specialist press all over the world has further improvements and features making a great game even better.
Iain McNeil, Director at Slitherine declared: “The release of a map editor really helps the community to grow and we are firmly behind creating this kind of added value for our fans.” Johan Persson at Firepower Entertainment said “It’s been a lot of work to get all these new features in but we think the fans will be very pleased when they see the improvements.”
Patch 1.04 Features
The path is only compatible with the Slitherine version of the game – for a full list of patches in all languages go to http://www.slitherine.com/downloads/ceaw. Saved games from older versions are not compatible with the patch.
– Fixed a bug with Yugoslavian emblems on inner zoom
– Fixed a bug with transportation loop units being alive despite surrender of their nation
– Sentry function added for units, hotkey ‘s’. Sentry units are removed from the queue when Pg Up and Pg Dw are used to cycle through units.
– Units can now be named by clicking their names.
– 1939 scenario units are all now named.
– Technology: Carriers now progress further in naval combat and less in air combat
– New Nations (like Algeria) now get Garrisons instead of Corps as units
– Map/Scenario : Oil field size was shifted slightly from Iran over to Iraq.
– Iraq now joins Allies late in the war.
– German corps start in Finland.
– Allies now have slightly more troops in Egypt.
– One UK carrier switched place with a Mediterranean Battleship.
– Labs are now slightly cheaper to build
– Naval repair rates are now lower than other unit types
– Fixed a crash bug where the AI tried to move units that were no longer on the map.
– Fixed a bug where minor countries (like Romania) kept their oil instead of sending them to the faction oil pool
– Fixed a bug where naval units could repair despite country being out of resources
– Fixed some drawing routine bugs that caused graphic glitches
– PBEM, fixed a bug where tech advances were not shown in the turn summary
– PBEM games cannot be saved manually anymore – instead uses the autosave on end turn
– The autosave for non-PBEM games no longer overwrite the save from which you loaded, it creates a new file
– USSR winter event now is registered but not in effect until DoW, so if invading USSR in spring mud is still there
– All toggles (such as Nato Symbols) now remain unchanged when loading a save
– The zoom level now switches to the mid zoom when ending your turn on every game mode
– Quality and Survivability now have the tooltip text colours for tech increases on the purchase screen, unless they have a manpower penalty
– Windowed mode is now stored in settings.txt file so you can start the game up windowed by default
– War entry dates are now randomised and can be controlled from the scripts.
– Winter duration can now be set in the general.txt script
– Air units now also follow the same rule as ground units when deciding if a rail move is possible
– Some tweaks to the scenarios, Allied have slightly more troops in Egypt. Some neutral countries have slightly less troops
– The Force Pool now has a reorder function, clicking the first unit will put it way back and push other units one step forward in the queue
– Oil Fields now generate 4x instead of 3x in oil production, providing more incentive for conquest of enemy oil
– Terrain : Entrenchments are now slightly more powerful
– Unit : Carrier now has a shorter range and get less range tech upgrades. Naval units now take more time to build
– Tech : Anti-Tank Guns, Tank Destroyer and Close Air Support are now more early bloomers. Armour +1 oil cons
– AI, fixed a bug where the AI deployed land units into a sea port
– AI now focuses more on protecting conquered capitals
– AI now tries to secure a conquered Capital surroundings before planning their next invasion
– AI now only feel threatened and try to protect Cities from ground units and transport, so air and navy no longer cause over reaction
– AI transports now try to move as close as possible to the destination before unloading
– AI now uses the new transport rule where a ship on port does not prevent loading
– AI will now retreat from Sea Ports that have been taken over by enemy
– AI Axis now use a broad front when invading USSR, picking interim Cities to conquer and sending units out on the flanks
– AI will now buy labs more slowly, to prevent a scenario starting with AI spending all its early turn cash on labs
– AI will now build slightly less Armour and slightly less Air
The patch can be downloaded from http://www.slitherine.com/downloads/ceaw
In addition Slitherine have launched a multiplayer ladder where players can compete around the world to be the best Commander – http://www.slitherine.com/ladder/ceaw
Map Editor V1.04
The map editor is the same one we used to create the game so allows you to do anything we do, from changing the background graphics to positioning units, setting up country data, borders, terrain. Basically everything you need to create new scenarios and modify existing ones. In addition we have added new features not included in the previous closed beta map editor.
– You can now name units
– Forts are now loaded through scenarios so no need to recreate them again
– Country war entry dates can now be set in scenarios
– You can now manually set which side starts a scenario
The Editor can be downloaded from http://www.slitherine.com/downloads/ceaw