Posted on Jul 10, 2014 in Armchair Reading, Front Page Features
Armchair General September 2014 – PATTON: THE MOVIE! From Real to Reel
By Armchair General
Click here to see the
Each issue contains
Discuss this issue
Leave Feedback in the Comments box at the bottom of this page. All comments are read by the editor and publisher.
IN THIS ISSUE
- BATTLE STUDIES August 1914: Clash of Armies. French and German armies fought World War I’s first major battles on the Western Front in Alsace and Lorraine, by David T. Zabecki
- SPECIAL FEATURE Sino-Japanese War, 1979. China sought to “Teach Vietnam a lesson,” yet both sides claimed victory in this short but bloody war, by James H. Willbanks.
- EXTRA FEATURE The Patton Film: From Real to Reel. The legendary general’s renowned biographer reveals the true story of how the iconic movie was made, by Carlo D’Este.
- 10 QUESTIONS General Paul X. (“P.X.”) Kelley. Armchair General® interviews the former commander of the U.S. Marine Corps, by John Ingoldsby.
- CRISIS WATCH Insights on today’s events by strategist Ralph Peters.
- MAILBAG Letters to Armchair General®
- INTERACTIVE FEATURES:
- COMBAT! Screaming Eagles Attack Carentan, 1944. Choose the correct plan for pinned-down paratroopers to capture a key position in France, by John Antal.
- YOU COMMAND Battle of Cholm Pocket, 1942. As Major General Theodor Scherer, YOU must lead a surrounded battle group in a desperate attack against Red Army forces, by Andrew H. Hershey.
- YOU COMMAND SOLUTION Historical outcome and winning Reader Solutions to Combat Decision Game #62, Anglo-Egyptian War, 1882.
- WHAT NEXT, GENERAL? Battle of Culloden, 1746. As Prince Charles Edward Stuart, YOU must decide how your Scottish forces will defeat an English army, by Richard N. Armstrong.
NOW TAKE ARMCHAIR GENERAL WITH YOU ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICES!
CLICK TO SEE INFORMATION ON ACG DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTIONS.
COMING IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF ARMCHAIR GENERAL
- BATTLEFIELD LEADER Edward: The Black Prince England’s famed Hundred Years War commander.
- BATTLE STUDIES Battle of Cedar Creek, 1864 Ralph Peters examines the Shenandoah Valley campaign.
- SPECIAL FEATURE Palo Alto and Resaca de la Palma, 1846 The opening battles of the Mexican War.
- 10 QUESTIONS Robert Dalessandro An interview with the chairman of the World War I Centennial Commission.
- PLUS interactive features: U.S. vs. Soviets: Fulda Gap, 1980; Battle of Shanghai, 1937; Konev at Berlin, 1945
Don’t miss out! SUBSCRIBE NOW to Armchair General, the interactive military history magazine.
Looking for information on a special topic? Check past issues of Armchair General magazine.
See past issues of Armchair General