Tor Andersson’s online gaming project continues to grow. The experience of playing tabletop board games has been primarily a physical, face to face experience. But in the 21st Century, board games began migrating into the digital space. Well known examples of this shift include the VASSAL engine, Steam and Tabletop Simulator. That shift really picked up speed in 2020 when the pandemic had many folks stuck at home with no face to face opponents. It was certainly what motivated me to dive into Vassal and start tabletop gaming online. Beyond the Vassal’s and the Tabletop Simulator type enfine, thereâ€™s another option out there – Rally the Troops! Rally the Troops! is a website created and maintained by Tor Andersson. It is a free software project. The site is free to play, requiring only a user profile. The game engine presents each game through a web-browser user experience. Unlike some of the other channels, Rally the Troops provides the complete game experience and includes game board, charts and the complete...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Tor Andersson"
AROUND THE WEB
- How to Rob a Stagecoach — Courtesy of Black Bart
- Amid the Spanish American Wars of Independence, These Rival Naval Commanders Met to Decide Venezuela’s Fate
- The Battle of Surigao Strait: The Last Battleship Duel
- What Historians Get Wrong About Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery
- Helicopters During the Civil War? Almost