Blue Water Navy. Publisher: Compass Games. Game Designer: Stuart Tonge and James Derek Harris. Price: $109.00 Passed inspection: Provides a strategic overview of World War Three at sea, while retaining enough tactical detail of engagements to allow you to envision how the events unfold. The game does a good job of integrating all the aspects of naval warfare in a package that rewards coordinating attacks to maximize your strengths while minimizing your weaknesses. Failed basic: Rulebook could be better organized for clarity. A table of contents and index would have been helpful. Including rule number references on the player aid charts would simplify looking up rules. You’ll need to be incorporate the errata into the rules and scenario book. In 1979, General Sir John Hackett’s book ‘The Third World War’ laid out one possible scenario for what a war in Europe between NATO and the Soviet Union might look like. While written as a backwards looking retrospective of fictional events, it was a sobering look at the state...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Naval Warfare"
AROUND THE WEB
- A Fight to Remember: The 4th Infantry Division at Dak To
- USC to Award Posthumous Degrees to Japanese American Students Whose Studies Were Cut Short During WWII
- Pearl Harbor Survivor and WWII Veteran Wants Cards for His 100th Birthday
- ‘Geronimo & Sitting Bull’ Book Review
- Selma Van De Perre: BBC Journalist, Dutch Resistance Fighter, and Ravensbrück Survivor