Cyberspace in Peace and War. Author: Martin C. Libicki. Publisher: Naval Institute Press. 512 pages. Price $ 60.00 The headlines are dominated with the risk of cyberattacks against corporate and national entities. Is there a cyberwar looming over the horizon? Are you ready for cyberwar? How do you respond to a cyberattack? But hold on a moment – what exactly *is* a cyberattack? It clearly involves computers – but what is it and how does it fit into broader tactical and strategic operations? Would you like to know more? You can turn to Martin C. Libicki’s recent book Cyberspace in Peace and War (2021, Naval Institute Press). Dr. Libicki’s tackles the subject of cyberwar with an eye towards educating the reader as to the various types of cyber activities and how they fit into modern concept of conflict. It’s a well-organized book that starts with a brief history of cyber-attacks. You get a good summation of the broad types of attacks along with numerous real-world examples that might jog...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Martin C. Libicki"
AROUND THE WEB
- Tickets Auctioned From the Night of Lincoln’s Murder at Ford’s Theatre
- Historian James Holland Examines the Overlooked Soldiers and Campaigns of WWII
- New Army Museum Exhibit Tells the Story of Hero Working Dogs
- The Civil War in Maine: A Unique Slice of History
- Requiem for a Forgotten West Texas Cow Town