Blue Water Navy. Publisher: Compass Games. Game Designer: Stuart Tonge and James Derek Harris. Price: $109.00 Passed inspection: Provides a strategic overview of World War Three at sea, while retaining enough tactical detail of engagements to allow you to envision how the events unfold. The game does a good job of integrating all the aspects of naval warfare in a package that rewards coordinating attacks to maximize your strengths while minimizing your weaknesses. Failed basic: Rulebook could be better organized for clarity. A table of contents and index would have been helpful. Including rule number references on the player aid charts would simplify looking up rules. You’ll need to be incorporate the errata into the rules and scenario book. In 1979, General Sir John Hackett’s book ‘The Third World War’ laid out one possible scenario for what a war in Europe between NATO and the Soviet Union might look like. While written as a backwards looking retrospective of fictional events, it was a sobering look at the state...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "James Derek Harris"
AROUND THE WEB
- How a Resolute Commander Turned Around Two Underperforming Bomb Groups, Leading Them to Storied Firsts Against Germany
- Harley Brown: From Moose Jaw to the Masters
- Flying the World in Pan Am’s Clippers: When Airline Travel Was an Adventure
- A Medal of Honor for SFC Alwyn Cashe
- That Time the Navy Spent a Million Dollars on an Ice Cream Barge