Beneath the Med: Regina Marina at Sea, 1940-1943. Publisher: GMT Games. Designer: Gregory M. Smith. Price $52.00 Passed inspection: Great narrative-based game focused on World War Two Italian submarine operations. Game generates a solid narrative of the combat patrols of your submarine commander. Represents many of the Italian submarine classes used during the war. The game includes some narrative role-playing elements for leader and crew skill development. The game covers the war from Italyâ€™s entry in June 1940 through the 1943 surrender. Allows operations in the Mediterranean, Atlantic, Caribbean and more. Special operations include the â€˜S.L.C.â€™ attacks, commando raids and supply runs to Singapore. Failed basic: In common with other entries in this series, the game play can feel â€˜fiddlyâ€™ with the need to reference multiple charts and tables as you move through each location in the patrol. Combat resolution lacks the detailed tactical feel of maneuvering the submarine to reach attack position against the target. August â€™43 â€“ the war was going badly for Italy. Sicily was falling...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Italian Submarines"
AROUND THE WEB
- Civil War Generals Never Forgot the Blood and Lost Friends in the US Showdown with Mexico
- To Depict the Frontier Era with Authenticity, This Artist Walks in the Footsteps of Mountain Men
- During WWII Gliders Seemed Like a Good Idea
- Was the P-38 WWII’s Coolest Fighter?
- This British Colonel Traveled with Robert E. Lee at Gettysburg. He’d Already Had His Share of Surprises.