Beneath the Med: Regina Marina at Sea, 1940-1943. Publisher: GMT Games. Designer: Gregory M. Smith. Price $52.00 Passed inspection: Great narrative-based game focused on World War Two Italian submarine operations. Game generates a solid narrative of the combat patrols of your submarine commander. Represents many of the Italian submarine classes used during the war. The game includes some narrative role-playing elements for leader and crew skill development. The game covers the war from Italy’s entry in June 1940 through the 1943 surrender. Allows operations in the Mediterranean, Atlantic, Caribbean and more. Special operations include the ‘S.L.C.’ attacks, commando raids and supply runs to Singapore. Failed basic: In common with other entries in this series, the game play can feel ‘fiddly’ with the need to reference multiple charts and tables as you move through each location in the patrol. Combat resolution lacks the detailed tactical feel of maneuvering the submarine to reach attack position against the target. August ’43 – the war was going badly for Italy. Sicily was falling...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Italian Submarines"
AROUND THE WEB
- What Was South Pacific’s Legacy on Race?
- When Hawaii’s Mauna Loa Erupted in 1935, the US Army Tried to Stop It With Bombs
- A Toxic Mix of Anti-War and Anti-Abolitionist Sentiment Led to the North’s First Riots
- Tragedy Along the Potomac: Alcohol Fueled a Deadly Interaction Between a Union Soldier and a Maryland Teenager on July 21, 1861
- Eugene Sledge’s WWII Relics from ‘With the Old Breed’