Taranto And Naval Air Warfare in The Mediterranean, 1940-1945. 2021. Author: David Hobbs. Seaforth Publishing. 440 pages. ISBN: 978-1-5267-9383-6 Years ago, a professor encouraged us to attend as many seminars as possible. His reasoning was that while some seminars might be tedious and most would not be useful, occasionally, youâ€™d encounter a seminar that was a valuable gem. This memory came to mind while reading David Hobbâ€™s recent book Taranto and Naval Air Warfare in The Mediterranean 1940-1945. The book is a chronological history of the Royal Navyâ€™s Fleet Air Arm in the Mediterranean theater. In many ways Taranto is a sequel David Hobbs’ earlier books The Dawn of Carrier Strike. Taranto is an engaging story of the pilots of the Fleet Air Arm that conveys how, to paraphrase Churchill, so many owed so much to so few. But in this case the â€œso fewâ€ are the pilots of the Fleet Air Arm serving in the Mediterranean theater. By focusing on the Fleet Air Arm, David Hobbs provides a narrative...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Italian Navy"
AROUND THE WEB
- At Auschwitz, Jews Composed Music in Secret. Now Their Works Are Being Performed in London.
- These Dr. Seuss Cartoons Were Not Meant for Children
- Yellowstone, a Crown Jewel of Nature
- Inside the Infamous Porn Obsession of Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Protégé
- ‘Proud To Be An American’: An Interview with Ann-Margret