Clash of Capital Ships: From the Yorkshire Raid to Jutland Author: Eric Dorn Brose. Publisher: Naval Institute Press. Price $ 49.95 There’s been a lot of ink spilled on Battle of Jutland, so much so that it is reminiscent of the Battle of Gettysburg, and rightly so. While a common perception of Jutland is that it revealed defects with the British battlecruisers, it’s best known as a decisive moment where the Royal Navy could have lost the war in a single afternoon. Eric Dorn Brose wades into this clash of historical narrative with his book Clash of the Capital Ships: From the Yorkshire Raid to Jutland published in 2021 by Naval Institute Press. Cover of Clash of the Capital Ships Dr. Brose has crafted a narrative that synthesizes the work of prior historians into an engaging and informative narrative of the battle. Dr. Brose charts a course through British and German naval strategy from the beginning of the war through the Battle of Jutland. The story explores how the...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "High Seas Fleet"
AROUND THE WEB
- When Communist Forces Turned to Tank Warfare to Seize South Vietnam
- Learn How the Romans Wielded the Gladius in Battle
- Tweet! Jailbird Politicians, An American Staple
- Live Your Wild West Fantasy on the Outlaw Trail with This New Travel Guide
- Three Days Shy of V-E Day, This Naval Aviator Spotted a German U-Boat Off Rhode Island But Couldn’t Stop It