Pacific Fury, Guadalcanal 1942. Publisher: Bonsai Games/Revolution Games/Quarterdeck International Designer: Yasushi Nakaguro. Price 30.00 Passed inspection: The colorful map is a clean, effective depiction of the waters surrounding Guadalcanal. Counters are die-cut and easy to read. Rules are clear and to the point. A great game to introduce new players to area movement wargaming. Failed basic: Nothing. In 1942, a pivotal series of naval battles in the area around Guadalcanal ensured that the US victory at Midway was not a fluke. But unlike Midway, these battles would see heavy losses to both sides and stretch the US Navy almost to the breaking point. Designer Yasushi Nakaguro brings these battles to the tabletop in ‘Pacific Fury’. An updated version of 2001’s Campaign for Guadalcanal, released in the United States by Revolution Games. Pacific Fury is similar to other games produced by Revolution Games as well as other games designed by Yasushi Nakaguro. The game consists of a small map sheet, 53 die cut counters and eight pages of rules. The...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Guadalcanal"
AROUND THE WEB
- How Awful Life Was For A Napoleonic Soldier
- 48 Hours That Changed the Course of B.B. King’s Life — And American Music
- The Day Miss America Almost Got Shot Down Over Vietnam
- ‘The Covenant’ Trailer Promises an Agonizing Afghan Translator Story
- One Family, 10 Sieges: How Spain’s Guzman Family Spent Centuries Battling For Gibraltar