By Ray Garbee Skies Above Britain. Publisher: GMT Games. Designer: Jeremy White and Gina Willis. Price $99.00 Passed inspection: An immersive solitaire experience that captures the feel of the air war over Britain in 1940. The well-crafted rulebook and charts make finding rules references a snap. Failed basic: Not a failure, but it can be taxing to follow everything going on within a turn. However, Gina solved this with a downloadable deck of cards that walk you through the patrol cycle. A solitary British fighter executes a victory roll in the sky above an airfield in France in the opening scene of Guy Hamiltonâ€™s 1969 film â€œThe Battle of Britainâ€. The film delivers on its title, packing the breadth of the three-month campaign into two hours and thirteen minutes. As a child I was captivated by the depiction of the air battles and heroic characters. As an adult, Iâ€™ve come to appreciate the solid job the film does delivering so much of the experience of the campaign in a...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Gina Willis"
AROUND THE WEB
- This P-38 Pilot Shot Down Five Germans in Five Minutes: Meet Scrappy the Ace
- What Made Milwaukee Famous? This Blue Ribbon Beer
- She Was Romantically Linked to the ‘Sundance Kid’ — But Much About Her Remains a Mystery
- Dan Sickles Insisted that His Gettysburg Antics Saved the Union. Was He Right?
- Western Writers of America Announces Its 2024 Wister Award Winner