Frank Chadwick’s Thunder in the East. Publisher: Victory Point Games / GMT Games. Designer: Frank Chadwick. Developers: Alan Emerich, Lance McMillan Price $ 149.00 Passed inspection: A more playable giant version of the Great Patriotic War. Big, gorgeous counters and huge maps. A glossy well-constructed rule book. Quality play aids. Multiple scenarios spanning the war and a massive campaign game. Failed basic: It’s so big it might not fit on your game table! Back in the days of my youth, Game Designers’ Workshop, or as it later came to be known, ‘GDW’ was a prolific producer of conflict simulations, a.k.a. – wargames. Even in those days, a designer’s reputation – or brand if you will – was a way for consumers to gauge their interest in a new title. My buddy Matt and I use to flip over the box of the latest GDW game to see if it was yet another design from the creative mind of Frank Chadwick. In the spring of 1983, Matt and I embarked...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Frank Chadwick"
AROUND THE WEB
- ‘Forget the Alamo’ Review: The Story Texas Schoolkids Grow Up on Is Only a Invention
- This History of Political Protests at the Olympic Games
- A Turn for the Worse: The 1775 Ambush at Bloody Angle
- A Pensioner’s World War II Tank Kept in Basement Causes Controversy in Germany
- Pox Americana: The Epidemic that Tore Through Washington’s Army