Pacific Fury, Guadalcanal 1942. Publisher: Bonsai Games/Revolution Games/Quarterdeck International Designer: Yasushi Nakaguro. Price 30.00 Passed inspection: The colorful map is a clean, effective depiction of the waters surrounding Guadalcanal. Counters are die-cut and easy to read. Rules are clear and to the point. A great game to introduce new players to area movement wargaming. Failed basic: Nothing. In 1942, a pivotal series of naval battles in the area around Guadalcanal ensured that the US victory at Midway was not a fluke. But unlike Midway, these battles would see heavy losses to both sides and stretch the US Navy almost to the breaking point. Designer Yasushi Nakaguro brings these battles to the tabletop in â€˜Pacific Furyâ€™. An updated version of 2001â€™s Campaign for Guadalcanal, released in the United States by Revolution Games. Pacific Fury is similar to other games produced by Revolution Games as well as other games designed by Yasushi Nakaguro. The game consists of a small map sheet, 53 die cut counters and eight pages of rules. The...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Eastern Solomons"
AROUND THE WEB
- How to Rob a Stagecoach — Courtesy of Black Bart
- Amid the Spanish American Wars of Independence, These Rival Naval Commanders Met to Decide Venezuela’s Fate
- The Battle of Surigao Strait: The Last Battleship Duel
- What Historians Get Wrong About Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery
- Helicopters During the Civil War? Almost