Cyberspace in Peace and War. Author: Martin C. Libicki. Publisher: Naval Institute Press. 512 pages. Price $ 60.00 The headlines are dominated with the risk of cyberattacks against corporate and national entities. Is there a cyberwar looming over the horizon? Are you ready for cyberwar? How do you respond to a cyberattack? But hold on a moment – what exactly *is* a cyberattack? It clearly involves computers – but what is it and how does it fit into broader tactical and strategic operations? Would you like to know more? You can turn to Martin C. Libicki’s recent book Cyberspace in Peace and War (2021, Naval Institute Press). Dr. Libicki’s tackles the subject of cyberwar with an eye towards educating the reader as to the various types of cyber activities and how they fit into modern concept of conflict. It’s a well-organized book that starts with a brief history of cyber-attacks. You get a good summation of the broad types of attacks along with numerous real-world examples that might jog...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "Cyberwar"
AROUND THE WEB
- During the Blitz, the UK Had a Secret Weapon Against Nazi Raids: Carrots
- How The ‘French 75’ Started A Revolution in Field Artillery
- Was ‘Bleeding Kansas’ Really That Violent?
- US Spy Satellites Took Pictures of the Soviets in the 1960s. How Did the Film Get Back to Earth?
- Nazi Homeschoolers Unmasked! Dog License Helps Anti-Fascists ID Ohio Couple Who Taught Hate