Cyberspace in Peace and War. Author: Martin C. Libicki. Publisher: Naval Institute Press. 512 pages. Price $ 60.00 The headlines are dominated with the risk of cyberattacks against corporate and national entities. Is there a cyberwar looming over the horizon? Are you ready for cyberwar? How do you respond to a cyberattack? But hold on a moment â€“ what exactly *is* a cyberattack? It clearly involves computers â€“ but what is it and how does it fit into broader tactical and strategic operations? Would you like to know more? You can turn to Martin C. Libickiâ€™s recent book Cyberspace in Peace and War (2021, Naval Institute Press).Â Dr. Libickiâ€™s tackles the subject of cyberwar with an eye towards educating the reader as to the various types of cyber activities and how they fit into modern concept of conflict. Itâ€™s a well-organized book that starts with a brief history of cyber-attacks. You get a good summation of the broad types of attacks along with numerous real-world examples that might jog...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "cyberattack"
AROUND THE WEB
- To Depict the Frontier Era with Authenticity, This Artist Walks in the Footsteps of Mountain Men
- During WWII Gliders Seemed Like a Good Idea
- Was the P-38 WWII’s Coolest Fighter?
- This British Colonel Traveled with Robert E. Lee at Gettysburg. He’d Already Had His Share of Surprises.
- This P-38 Pilot Shot Down Five Germans in Five Minutes: Meet Scrappy the Ace