Arbela â€“Gaugamela 331 BC Board Game Review. Publisher: Turning Point Simulations Game Designer: Richard H. Berg Price $34.95 Rick Martin Passed Inspection: Easy to understand rules, nice components, highly solitaire suitability. Interesting subject matter. Failed Basic: Needs an index. Initiative rules are unclear. Perhaps add some event cards to provide extra challenges. Richard H. Berg, perhaps the most prolific board game designer in the world, has returned to a subject that he clearly loves – the battles of the ancient world. Arbela â€“ Gaugamela 331 BC is a release of Turning Point Simulations and this game is not what you may expect. There is no board and no terrain, the real battle was fought on a nearly perfectly level field so this style perfectly meets the needs to simulate the real battle. The units in this game are not chits or miniatures – the units are cards but itâ€™s not a traditional card type war game either as this review will reveal. First some back ground on this decisive...Read More
Home » Posts Tagged "alexander the great"
AROUND THE WEB
- New Trailer Arrives for Spielberg-Hanks Series ‘Masters of the Air’
- At Auschwitz, Jews Composed Music in Secret. Now Their Works Are Being Performed in London.
- These Dr. Seuss Cartoons Were Not Meant for Children
- Yellowstone, a Crown Jewel of Nature
- Inside the Infamous Porn Obsession of Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Protégé