Tactics 101: 010. Graphics
Below you will find some common symbols utilized in graphics
The guidelines to building of unit symbols:
1. Use existing standard symbols as building blocks for new symbols.
2. Symbols must be usable in manual and digital modes.
3. Symbols must be easily distinguishable.
4. Friendly symbols must not be easily confused with enemy symbols.
5. Symbols must be distinguishable without color.
6. Unit symbols are portrayed with the top of the symbol facing the top of the map.
7. Symbols must be cleanly drawn and clearly marked
8. Size matters; don’t make symbols so large that they lose their perspective to the map