Posted on May 10, 2013 in Armchair Reading
Armchair General July 2013 Issue – Battle of Gettysburg
By Armchair General
Click here to see the
Each issue contains
Insight into Current Events
Discuss this issue
Leave Feedback in the Comments box at the bottom of this page. All comments are read by the editor and publisher.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Special Feature: Truman’s Nightmare—What would Allied forces have faced if they invaded Japan?
- Feature: The Forest Brothers—Why were Lithuanian partisans so determined in their resistance?
- 10 Questions: John Hamilton, the VFW’s commander in chief—What is the VFW’s importance in American society?
- Battle Studies: Myths of Gettysburg, by Ralph Peters. Did Meade want to retreat? Was the battle really decisive?
- Crisis Watch by Ralph Peters – “Cradle of Counterinsurgency” – Why humans are “hard-wired” to resist
- Dispatches – real heroes, destinations, special events and more
- Must-Read/Must-See Books and DVDs
- Game Reviews
- Test your decision-making skills by choosing the best course of action for the Battle of Trenton, 1776; Canadian Infantry Attack, 1944; and The Battle of Minden, 1759.
- Play It! Play the history you read; ACG‘s list of recommended wargames for all eras
- Combat Decision # 57: Canadian Infantry Attack, 1944
- Combat Decision # 55: Spanish Blue Division in Russia, 1943 – Outcome and Analysis
- ONLINE EXTRA: FREE PC GAME! Download March to Baghdad, Episode 1: Decision at Tallil Air Base
COMING IN THE NEXT ISSUE OF ARMCHAIR GENERAL
- Special Feature: Why Mali Matters—The Islamist takeover offers terrorists a safe haven in northwest Africa
- Bonus Article: Indian National Army, 1942-45—The Japanese created an army of POWs to fight Britain
- 10 Questions: Sergeant Salvatore Giunta—A U.S. Army Medal of Honor recipient answers ACG‘s questions in this intriguing interview
- Crisis Watch by Ralph Peters
- Great Warriors: German Luftwaffe, 1939-45
- Battle Studies: General Balck at the Chir River, 1942. This German general led one of history’s greatest divisional battles.
- Forgotten History: Fall of Elam, 645 B.C. Assyrians obliterated the ancient kingdom in present-day Iran.
- Battlefield Leader: Admiral Dewey at Manila Bay, 1898
- Interactive command articles in which YOU make the decisions! German Assault on Fort Eben Emael, 1940; World War I in Africa, 1914; and Rommel Defends Normandy, 1944
Don’t miss out! Subscribe now to Armchair General, the interactive military history magazine.
See what’s coming and check past issues of Armchair General magazine.
See past issues of Armchair General