WWII Grand Strategy Buyer’s Guide
The last eighteen months have been very good to strategy gamers interested in World War II grand strategy. Since April 2006, five great PC game titles have been released covering the subject. Each of these games is recommended, and presents World War II with different mechanics and play styles. To help our readers who are wondering which title to buy, Armchair General presents an apples-to-apples comparison of the games.
A quick summary chart is below. But more details of each game are presented in alphabetical order on the following pages.
1) Commander – Europe at War, Slitherine and Matrix Games
2) Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided, 2 by 3 and Matrix Games
3) Hearts of Iron: Doomsday, Paradox
4) Making History, The Calm Before the Storm, Muzzy Lane and Strategy First
5) Strategic Command 2, Fury and Battlefront
[continued on next page]